Our Parental Alienation Attorney Can Help Protect Your Relationship with Your Child

East Brunswick Parental Alienation Attorney

Parents naturally influence their children. Sometimes, however, one parent chooses to use this influence to alienate the other parent. If you think that your child’s mother or father is turning your child against you, an experienced parental alienation attorney can help you reclaim your relationship before it is too late.

Freehold Child Custody Lawyer

At the Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq., we understand that not every parent is perfect and not every relationship ends well. However, your ex-spouse or former partner should not turn your child against you. Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq., an East Brunswick parental alienation syndrome lawyer, can help you enforce your parental rights.

Contact the Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq.

732-238-8700 East Brunswick | 732-780-9333 Freehold | Fill out our online intake form

The Consequences of Parental Alienation

Parental alienation syndrome occurs in a child who comes to believe that the targeted parent is someone unworthy of having a relationship. This syndrome develops as a result of the behavior of the alienating parent. There are many signs of parental alienation syndrome, including:

  • Campaign by one parent degrading the other parent and convincing the child that everything the other parent does is wrong
  • The degradation is without foundation and the alienating parent is simply poisoning the mind of the child
  • Child believes everything the targeted parent does is wrong and everything the alienating parent does is right
  • Child is convinced that the negative feelings are the child’s own, believing he or she thought of it first
  • Child completely supports the alienating parent
  • Child lacks guilt in distancing himself from the targeted parent
  • Alienating parent attempts to enhance recollections or change memory of the child to fit his or her view
  • Total rejection of the extended family of the targeted parent

These symptoms are not always indicative of parental alienation syndrome. Psychologists and psychiatrists debate whether this syndrome exists at all. However, there is good authority that this is a real syndrome. If you believe your child has this syndrome, we will work to enforce your visitation rights.

Helping You Overcome Parental Alienation Syndrome

Where parental alienation exists, we will petition the court to allow reunification therapy between you and your child. This would allow both of you to attend therapy to repair your relationship and reunify your lives.

Sometimes the court will appoint a parenting coordinator, a qualified impartial person with mediation training and experience to assist high conflict parents to implement a workable parenting plan. They explore possibilities for compromises, develop methods of communication that promote discussion and resolution between parents and facilitate decision making between parents when they cannot do so on their own.

In some cases, we will ask the court for a full-scale psychological evaluation of all the parties. You, the alienating parent and your child will all undergo psychological testing, over the course of many months to determine whether there has been undue influence on the child to act in a certain way.

If there has been undue influence, then we will fight for a change in custody. We could also ask for a very structured parenting time order that allows significant access to the child in your parenting plan.

Do Not Give Up on Your Child

No matter what happens, do not give up on your child. At some point in the future your child will know if you gave up the fight to be a part of his or her life. Do everything in your power to restore and rehabilitate this relationship and get the visitation rights you need. Children will remember.

Contact our family law firm to discuss your case with a Sayreville child custody attorney.

Office exterior

Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq.

Attorney Jeffrey W. Goldblatt has been representing family law, criminal law, and social security disability clients since 1975. He is proud to be affiliated with top legal organizations, including:

  • Middlesex County Bar Association
  • Family Law Committee
  • Monmouth County Bar Association
  • New Jersey State Bar Association 

If you are looking for legal representation from a top-rated lawyer in East Brunswick, call our law firm at (732) 238-8700 or request a consultation online.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite