Lawyer for Child Support Enforcement and Alimony in New Jersey

Many people rejoice on the day their divorce decrees are final. The property has been divided, child custody has been decided, and any alimony and child support agreements are in place. They are free to build a new life.

For most of our clients, that does turn out to be the case. For others, unfortunately, matters may not be quite so simple. Their former spouses or partners do not comply with those hard-won court orders. In order to collect the support they are entitled to, they may need to go to court and seek judicial intervention.

On the other side, some people who have been ordered to pay alimony or child support find themselves unable to do so. Circumstances change, and what seemed manageable at the time of the divorce is just impossible now.

At the New Jersey Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq., we understand both sides of the story. We know those who have been granted financial support depend on it and expect it to arrive on time. We also realize those responsible for paying support sometimes experience substantial changes in circumstances, making it difficult or impossible to keep up on payments.

With more than 30 years of family law experience, attorney Jeffrey W. Goldblatt has the knowledge and skill to help people who are seeking alimony or child support enforcement, as well as those who need modifications of their spousal orders. Our firm can also help those who are in arrears set up a plan to get back on track.

Vigorous and Aggressive Representation With Attention to Your Legal Needs Contact us today to discuss your matter. 

Alimony and Child Support Enforcement in New Jersey

There are many reasons a parent or former spouse may fall behind on child or spousal support payments. They may have lost a job or otherwise had a substantial change in income. They may be experiencing medical problems that keep them from working. In some cases, people blatantly choose not to live up to their obligations.

No matter the reason, falling behind on support payments is a violation of a court order. Support enforcement actions brought by the other party could lead to serious consequences including wage garnishment, loss of professional and driver’s licenses, and jail time.

We have helped many clients with alimony and child support recovery through enforcement petitions. We can help you through the court process and ensure the appropriate collection actions are taken.

If you are behind on your alimony or child support payments and believe a support enforcement action may be brought against you, we can help you resolve the situation. First, we can help you communicate with the court and set up a reasonable payment plan that could prevent penalties.

If you have experienced a significant change in circumstances, it may be possible to have your support order modified by the court to reduce your payments in the future.

Contact a Spousal and Child Support Lawyer in Freehold or East Brunswick

Whether you need help with a support enforcement petition or defending against one, our firm will work with you to set achievable goals. Contact the Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq. to arrange a consultation at our Freehold or East Brunswick law offices. Evening and weekend appointments are available.

Office exterior

Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq.

Attorney Jeffrey W. Goldblatt has been representing family law, criminal law, and social security disability clients since 1975. He is proud to be affiliated with top legal organizations, including:

  • Middlesex County Bar Association
  • Family Law Committee
  • Monmouth County Bar Association
  • New Jersey State Bar Association 

If you are looking for legal representation from a top-rated lawyer in East Brunswick, call our law firm at (732) 238-8700 or request a consultation online.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite