Monmouth County Post-Judgment Modification Lawyer

Has there been a major change in the financial situation of you or your former spouse? If the original order of the court regarding support and custody may no longer be an accurate reflection of your family’s situation, an experienced family law attorney can help you achieve a modification of the court order. Is the Final Judgment of Divorce not being complied with? If there is a violation of its terms, an enforcement application may be made to the court. Mr. Goldblatt protects the rights of litigants when enforcement of an existing Divorce Decree is the issue. At the Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq., we help families throughout New Jersey, including Middlesex, Monmouth, Somerset, Ocean, Union and Mercer counties.

Contact the Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq.
732-402-8124 East Brunswick | 732-402-8124 Freehold | Fill out our online intake form

All orders of the court must be followed by both parties involved. However, when there has been a significant change in your life, the life of your former spouse, or the life of your child, the court orders should reflect that change. A modification of court orders can affect a variety of areas in a divorce settlement plan, including:

  • Increase or decrease in support obligation
  • Life insurance
  • Medical expenses, unpaid medical expenses
  • College education
  • Change in custody
  • Increased or decreased parenting time

As kids grow older, they have more preferences, and it is important to make sure their voices are heard. We will make sure your children are listened to when it comes to figuring a custody, parenting time and support plan that protects your entire family and parental rights.

Enforcement Proceedings

In some cases, a party may not be living up to the expectations of court orders even though there has been no significant financial or geographical change in their life. We can help you take action for the enforcement of an order when it comes to support and rights regarding parenting time or any other issue. We also defend those persons accused of noncompliance with a court order. Many times employment changes due to injury or illness and one can no longer comply with the terms of the original support order. In other cases, an aggrieved spouse may feel that a former spouse is now either unemployed or under employed in order to intentionally reduce a support obligation. In either situation, effective representation is required in order to present the case to a judge who will be making a decision that could include sanctions against a non-complying party including the issuance of a bench warrant for arrest.


If one parent is threatening to leave the state of New Jersey, this will affect the other parent’s ability to maintain a relationship with the children. Whether you would like to file a removal application or you want to prevent the removal of your children, we can help you understand what to expect from the relocation process and how it may affect the modification of court orders. Typically, a hearing is required before a court and certain evidence must be provided in advance. A relocation determination can have wide reaching effects on both parents and the children. It is important to be extremely prepared in order to present the matter to a court in such a manner so as to advance and protect your rights.

College Education

A frequently litigated post divorce issue is the responsibility of either parent for college education costs. If this becomes an issue, the Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq. can represent clients in court in order to determine the appropriate allocation of college costs between the parents. A hearing is usually required whereby a judge will take testimony as to the financial ability of both parties to pay for college as well as the selection process of the college to be attended. Responsibility for college education costs also may impact the amount of child support to be paid and frequently adjustments have to be made at this time. An experienced attorney is necessary to properly represent you when the issue involves college.

Contact Us

At the Law Office of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt in New Jersey, we help clients from East Brunswick to Freehold get the appropriate modification of court orders. We offer evening and weekend appointments in order to best serve the needs of your family. Contact us today for more information.

What You Should Know

10 Costly Divorce Mistakes

Office exterior

Law Offices of Jeffrey W. Goldblatt Esq.

Attorney Jeffrey W. Goldblatt has been representing family law, criminal law, and social security disability clients since 1975. He is proud to be affiliated with top legal organizations, including:

  • Middlesex County Bar Association
  • Family Law Committee
  • Monmouth County Bar Association
  • New Jersey State Bar Association 

If you are looking for legal representation from a top-rated lawyer in East Brunswick, call our law firm at (732) 238-8700 or request a consultation online.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite
Google map image of our location in 4 Auer Ct Ste G East Brunswick, NJ

East Brunswick Office

4 Auer Ct
Ste G
East Brunswick, NJ 08816

Open Today 8:30am - 6:00pm

Google map image of our location in 45 Court St  Freehold, NJ

Freehold Office

45 Court St
Freehold, NJ 07728

Open Today 8:30am - 6:00pm

Google map image of our location in 1540 Rte 138 Ste 203 Wall, NJ

Wall Office

1540 Rte 138
Ste 203
Wall, NJ 07719

Open Today 8:30am - 6:00pm

What is the best time for you?

Add additional time

Which location would you prefer?

Tell us a bit about yourself...

Send a message